Our family

Our family

Thursday, April 5, 2012

One month down, one month to go

I can't believe she is already getting bigger!  She has outgrown some clothes and the N diapers, and actually started smiling at me the last few days.  Nothing beats the first baby smile!  She has always been smiling with her little tummy bubbles, but three times now she has been fussy and bored laying somewhere, and when I pick her up and say "hi!" she just smiles right back at me with this big wide grin.

Hopefully soon I'll catch one on camera.  For now, we just have more sibling action.


I heard a lot of horror stories about siblings regressing and acting out when a new addition comes, but these guys have been great. 


In the meantime, we have one month to go . . . until Daddy's IronMan.  He has been putting in hours each and every day.  He even went down and biked the course last week, and he felt like it went really well.  The course is really long and really tough, but he did it with a good enough time that he could make the cut off on race day.

So we're just hanging in there until then.  About the only other news around here is that I just got a Kindle.  Anyone have any good book recommendations?  The great thing about an e-reader is that I can read while nursing or rocking her to sleep, when otherwise I would just be staring at the walls for 20 minutes.  Let me know if you have any good ones I should load on there!

And finally, my favorite picture of the day.  I never had a sister, but I'm glad that Kaitlyn got one to chat with!

3 comments:

Merfy said...

Love the last picture the most! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Don't know if it's your kind of book, but Marcia Lynn McClure is one of my favorite writers! She writes pretty cheesy romances and is wordy at times but the stories are adorable and sometimes you just need a cheesy romance. Anyway I mention her because she puts different books on free every few days...so far I've bought 15 for free. Also I'm reading Someone Else's Fairytale by E.M. Tippets right now and liking it, and it was only a dollar.

Eleno said...

The great thing about e-readers is that there are a TON of classic books out there that are free. I highly recommend the collection of Sherlock Holmes stories--free, and quick to read one story and be done so you're not hanging if you don't get back to them very quickly. :)