A friend said the other day that they had been looking for more updates from our family. It made me realize that . . . there isn't much to say, in general. With Jasmine still so little, we are mostly staying indoors when we can. Which means life is mostly boring. But I found a few stories to share.
*This is old news, but Tyler got to be the Student of the Month for his class! Okay, so there are only 10 kids in his class, which means everyone probably gets a turn at some point. It was still worth it to go to the assembly and watch him get up in front of the school.
When the school aide tried to take his picture, he proudly held up the certificate . . . in front of his face. I managed to talk him into holding it lower though.
* Jasmine is still doing really well. She is gaining weight like a champ, and is still fairly easy-going for a newborn.
She does make sure that she lets us know loud and clear when she has a gassy bubble in her tummy though, and life is rough when she gets off her schedule and too tired to get back on track. In fact, writing this paragraph has been interrupted a couple of times as I go back and settle her for the night. But overall she has been a good little girl.
I have to insert a funny story here. The other day we were in the drive-through when a tummy bubble hit. I knew that cry all too well - and I also knew that she would settle right down as soon as the burp came out. So I figured since we were stopped in line already, I would just climb back there and pull her out. As I lifted her up though, Tyler was still very concerned about the wailing. "Oh no! Did you kick baby Jasmine?" Um, no, I don't generally kick adorable newborn babies Tyler - but thanks for being a sweet protective big brother, I guess!
*I got the birth announcements printed and mailed!
*Kaitlyn has been a true angel lately, I have to say. She has taken the role of big sister very seriously, and if Jasmine starts to wimper she hops right over to tell her high pitched little things and try and calm her down, or runs to find a binky to give her. She loves all the new tasks I give her to help out. In fact, today she changed loads in the laundry while I was nursing Jasmine. The washer finished, so she took all the clothes and put them in the dryer, turned on the dryer, and started them running. Sure, there was no dryer sheet, and one of her jammie bottoms had a leg sticking out the door, but . . . she's four, and she did the laundry without being asked! She even took them out when they were done and put them in the laundry basket. Now if I can just get her past the bossiness and occasional potty accident, we will have it made.
And today, she decided to make Jasmine a princess by putting a silly bandz crown behind her head. Nice!
*Tyler has been a bit rougher. When I spend a couple of hours upstairs trying to calm Jasmine down, I have sometimes come down to a mess. Last week he had a messy accident leak onto the carpet. And a couple of days ago I came down to find marker all over every surface in our front area - walls, carpet, coffee table, cabinets. Thank heavens it was washable marker, but the carpet still isn't quite right yet.
He has sure been sweet with baby Jasmine - he loves to come over and talk to her. And when we rode bikes around a park on Saturday, he did so great! He gets pretty nervous on the big bike, and if we are home he will go grab his big wheel. But he got faster with every lap of the park. Daddy was really patient with him, and it was paying off.
He does love his Daddy a lot. And helping him play games on the iPad.
*Can it really be Easter season already? I guess I feel like I have been in a time warp. The neighborhood hunt was this last weekend. I couldn't really get any good pictures, since I had a baby in a sling and Christopher wasn't there, but thank heavens McKenna was there to help out again.
Kaitlyn was obviously quite excited about this. And I think my kids tried to eat all of their candy - along with the donut and chocolate milk - before we even got in the car to go home.
*On the horizon, it looks like we are going to have Jasmine's baby blessing on Mother's Day. (In our church, babies are traditionally given a blessing by a priesthood holder - usually daddy - when they are a couple of months old.) I think that is a great way to celebrate the day! And I think I might make Jasmine her own little white dress. Kaitlyn wore the same little dress that I wore when I was a baby, but I have this beautiful white linen skirt with a stain on the front that I am just iching to repurpose. We'll see how it goes!







No comments:
Post a Comment