We took advantage of that while my mom was in town, but I took absolutely no pictures! We had an actual list before she came of things we wanted to do while she was here, and we got through almost all of it. We ate at Chubby's and rode our bikes on the new canal trail, we shopped for an entire day at the new outlet malls, and we got pedicures together as a Mother's Day treat. Our only regret was not getting her up to the cabin, but she needed to spend some time up in SLC cleaning out her dad's house to be sold.
While she was there, we went to the grand opening of the trail we've been using for months, and then a BYU baseball game. They have a tailgating event for "young alumni", which we just realized we won't even qualify for soon. Weird. But we'll enjoy it while we can. I never turn down J-Dawgs! Or a chance to break out the tiny BYU cheerleading outfits.
It was a bit cold and rainy, but not too bad.
And the kids love the little prizes from the games, like dorky sunglasses and pom-poms.
But Tyler's favorite was the pedometer from the trail opening. He called it his "minutes" and spent a lot of time jumping up and down and then clearing the count again.
And Tyler's class had a little dance for their school party the other day. Tyler wasn't too into it, to be honest. I think if he had been in a classroom with no distractions, he would have been all over that, but he didn't want to look at the bright sun and was too interested in all the other students. So mostly he just watched his teacher or stood around.
But his class was really cute! I'll have to find that "Tony Chestnut" song and see if he will do the dance for me sometime.
And then we spent this weekend at the cabin. We had friends up Friday night, and of course I didn't even think to take pictures. And then yesterday was the day to power wash . . . so we can paint! I am SO excited to paint the cabin! It will be a lot of work, but we have kinda hated the color since we got it four years ago.
And Kaitlyn was excited to ride on the dirt bike for the first time to go to our next door neighbor's.
I think her little sister wanted to go too!
And I always love trying to take pictures of these guys. They make us laugh. They are always clambering over each other for the food, and we get up to a dozen at a time at the feeder.
They are so intent that they don't care if my camera and I are two feet away from them.
Our favorite is when one gets possessive. He'll over to the side of it and attack any other bird that comes near the feeder. He doesn't take any food himself, though! Silly birds.
And silly Tyler. He took my can of pop and decided to drink from it while he slid down the slide.
I loved watching him pull his sister in the swing. So intense!
This week I need to get things planted at home, and then once school lets out we will test the new paint colors and start working on it. I can't wait!














No comments:
Post a Comment