It turns out that I have a lot of pictures that never made it on here. Huh. I was cleaning off my SD cards today, and had to check the blog to notice that a lot of things never ended up here.
This one is a funny story. Christopher told me that he had a craving for a corn dog, and since we had hot dogs and corn meal I told him I would try making them. And he looked at me like I was insane. "You don't make corn dogs. You BUY them." Well, now it was a challenge.
Which I failed.
The people on Pinterest made it look so easy! My batter just ran away from the hot dog as soon as it hit the oil, and it just made a crispy, greasy mess.
We now have a box of store-bought corn dogs in our freezer.
We've been heading to the cabin when we can, but that hasn't been terribly often. I'm just glad we have the Argo this year. This winter has been relatively mild, but even in nice weather, it was a chore to shuttle our family of 5 up to the cabin on snowmobiles. Now we just pile from the car into the Argo, with all of our gear on the roof. No problemo.
The melting and freezing of snow is actually fun to see sometimes. Our driveway was covered in this- diagonal ice shards reaching outward. Pretty cool.
This last weekend was still very snowy . . . in some areas. The roads were still too slushy to drive on. Half of our lawn was grass, and the other half was three feet deep. Christopher took his shirt off and leaned back in his lawn chair to enjoy the sun while the kids played in the snow, but I'll spare you all that picture.
I think by the time we get to go up again, we'll be able to drive there.
Let's see, more pictures. . .
Ohh, and this was my favorite steal! I have always wanted a cool leather jacket to ride on the motorcycle with, but never wanted to spend the money. And I scored this one at the thrift store for $3! Made my week.
For Christmas, my brother got our kids these butterfly and dinosaur cutouts for their new rooms. So we put them in old T-shirts and let them paint them to their heart's content (since we only gave them the room colors, we figured it couldn't be too bad.) Jasmine LOVED smooshing the paint around for as long as we would let her.
I just love the paint on her happy little toes.
Oh, and speaking of that funny girl, we keep catching her asleep in the most random places. It was worse when she first moved into her room, since she didn't like staying in her toddler bed for whatever reason. Every day she would pick a new spot on the carpet to nap on.
One morning Kaitlyn woke up to find her sister asleep under her bed.
Another day, she fell asleep on the carpet less than five minutes before the babysitter arrived for the evening.
One day I found her in her bed, but she dozed off in the process of spreading the wipes all over her room. I took this picture, and then filled up an entire gallon ziploc with her efforts.
And this picture takes the cake. One day she wandered off from where Daddy was playing with the kids in the basement. He went to check on her and found this. Apparently she climbed the stools to get to the Oreos, but she can't get down from the stools by herself so . . . she dozed off in her spot. I am so amazed she didn't fall.
For Valentines' day this year, Kaitlyn needed to make a box for homework. She had an old shoebox her princess shoes came in, so she cut a hole in the top and wanted to call it good. The practical part of me said that was all we needed to do! But then I remembered Crazy hair day. She was excited to just frizz her hair into a little curly afro and call it good, and when I took her to school she saw all the kids who went WAY over the top. One girl even turned her hair into a flower pot, complete with sprayed colors and everything.
That, and her teacher's note said that she hoped the Valentines box would be a project families could work on together. "You could make it out of fabric, buttons, paper, paint . . .", her list went on for nearly a paragraph.
So Kaitlyn and I made a castle out of an Amazon box and some felt. Not bad. She even let me braid her hair into a heart.
And last but not least, I cleared off the iPhone pictures.
Everyone was so impressed at our ward dance that Christopher's tie matched my dress. Since he had it since high school, it was just a coincidence!
And this picture is from the Blue and Gold dinner. Tyler is still loving scouts! It is a good challenge for him to keep up with the boys his age. And he has awesome leaders, so I know he is in good hands.
Whew! I think I got everything cleared out!

















1 comment:
Hahaha! I loved your corn dogs!!!! You are truly amazing Sarah!
Post a Comment