Tyler was assigned to read a biography book, create a diorama about that person, and then dress up like them and answer questions in their "wax museum". We had a hard time thinking of a real person that would mean something to him, and I eventually just went to the library and picked based on what they had. I picked Teddy Roosevelt hoping that Tyler would remember all the trips we have taken to National Parks. I wasn't sure if he would remember anything we talked about, but he really enjoyed making the diorama with me and when he got all dressed up he had fun getting into character! He told everyone that went by "Hullo. I am the President of the United States," in a very deep voice.
I was really proud of him. That seemed way out of his level, but he did great.
Kaitlyn was assigned to give a presentation about family traditions for her class. She was supposed to learn what her family heritage is, and talk about the traditions that have been passed down. The only problem was that I couldn't think of anything we do that has been passed down for generations! So we interviewed Grandmas, talked about what nationalities our family comes from, and we made a family tree so that she could see a bit of where she comes from.
She told her class about little things, really. She likes math because my father and I were both math teachers, she learned to sew from me who learned from my mom, etc. And the two people at the top were pictured because one was in the Pony Express and the other was a bodyguard for Joseph Smith.
I'm grateful for school projects that stretch me to do things with my kids I wouldn't have thought of, but they sure were a lot of work!


No comments:
Post a Comment