Our family

Our family

Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

Tyler and Kaitlyn almost had the same school schedule this year, but not quite.  They had two or three days where one kid would be home but not the other.  Tyler had the Friday before Easter off, but no one else did.  So he got to come to Jasmine's preschool egg hunt.  He helped us hide the eggs, and then helped find the last few at the end.  In fact, I think he was just as excited about the making the hat craft as any of the younger kids, and maybe more.


My sister-in-law hosted the annual Easter Egg hunt for the family.


Oh, and right before Easter is when we drastically cut Kaitlyn's hair.  The longer her hair grew, the more straight some sections were.  We were struggling to detangle the wavy knots, and I kept wondering if her curls would "sproing" back up if we cut the length and weight off.  I've always cut my kids' hair simply because I'm cheap and it usually isn't hard.  I should have asked for help on this one, though, because I cut the top very short and the curls didn't come back.  So now we had straight, short sections on top of curls.  I had a neighbor help me fix it, and Kaitlyn loved it, but I was sad every time I looked at her for a while.  I just don't know enough about curly hair to help that poor girl very much.


We dyed Easter eggs at home, too, so that the Easter bunny had something to hide.







No comments: