I'm so sad that we are already done with the Pinewood Derby! It has been stressful getting the cars ready every year, since Daddy likes to do them at the last minute "so that the kids don't wreck them".
This year, we were even more behind than most. I was looking all over pinterest to see how we should decorate the car, and came across someone that had just glued the Minecraft Creeper design right on the uncut block of wood. I thought that Christopher would veto that for better aerodynamics, but he told me that it hardly makes any difference and that we should go for it. Tyler loved it!
Love this goofy kid.
And, amazingly enough, Christopher was right! He worked really hard on prepping the wheels, Tyler helped me glue the paper over the weights, and Tyler's car won 2nd place! Christopher never won anything in his Pinewood Derbys as a kid, so he has been really excited to win with Tyler.
I'm so glad Tyler can go to scouts. He isn't into sports, and doesn't like feeling behind the other kids or in a herd at sporting things. Scouts gives him something he can actually do with kids his age, and a way to make friends with the boys in the neighborhood. I just can't believe he is almost done with Cubs!





No comments:
Post a Comment