Our family

Our family

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Recent improvements

1. Kaitlyn rolled over! I always laugh at how they just spontaneously do that one day. Sure, we parents try to coach them, show them how it works, bribe them with toys that are out of reach until they roll over to it. But I was talking on the phone, and set her down to have my hands free, and she promptly rolled over to her tummy for no reason at all. She has now reached the stage where she rolls over almost every time I put her on her back, and then cries because she doesn't like it on her tummy as much.



2. Today I decided that I wanted to finally paint the wood by our driveway. Christopher wasn't so sure he wanted that painted, but I have been very gung ho about it. So I figured that while he was gone at Scout Camp I would just get to work on it. Of course, I soon remembered why I don't do outside painting projects with little kids. I spent most of the time either helping Kaitlyn or keeping Tyler off what I had just painted. So when Christopher came home, he offered to take the kids in for me. This was a complete role reversal for us! Christopher usually likes his projects done a certain way, and so I usually stay inside with the kids while he works outside. But I really enjoyed the change of pace today. It was nice to be able to truly accomplish something today, rather than cleaning up toys and scrubbing counters that I know are going to get dirty again tomorrow. What I did today will actually still be done tomorrow! And Christopher enjoyed his time inside with the kids. Of course, when I finished up and came in, I was met by a sad baby who was not only bored (because Daddy was having too much fun with "my little buddy" to hang out with the "boring baby" more than he needed to), but her diaper was full and she was overdue for a nap. Daddy just isn't used to being the decision maker that knows what needs to be done, that's all. Here is my handiwork today:
The before shot. Notice the boards? Didn't think so. They were so faded that they were the same color as the concrete. This picture is from when we first bought the house, by the way.
This is the after. I painted the railroad ties in the walkway and by the driveway the same color as the trim on our house. I really think it looks sharp!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You are brave to paint around kids! LOL!! :) I think is turned out great! It looks really nice! And your little girl is so beautiful!!

Me and My Clan said...

Wow! Way to go! That looks awesome!