I had a tutoring appt. at 10, so I figured that I would just head up on my own after that rather than leave at 8 with everyone else to set up camp (since I wouldn't be much help with Kaitlyn). All went well until about 11:15, when I printed out the schedule and realized that instead of trying to be up there for the 2pm activity, I actually had everything in my trunk that they would need for the 1pm activity. Time to hurry.
Then I lost my keys. I spent 20 minutes looking for them and found them when Christopher was about 1 minute away, having left a meeting at work to drive home and give me a key. Note to self: make a copy of that key today.
Then I went to pick up the CPR dummy. I was supposed to call when I was close so the lady could bring it out to me, rather than me drag my two kids in. She didn't answer. I go in, she isn't at her desk. "Just take a seat, she should be back shortly." Thank heavens she was only gone 5 or 10 minutes, so we were off.
Then I got on the freeway and realized that I had enough gas to get out there, but probably not back. Stop, get gas.
Dropped off Tyler. Thank heavens for Grandmas. I think he actually prefers it over there, since two of his cousins live there right now. Much more fun.
Miraculously, after all that I managed to get to the campsite at 1:20 or so. Then I found out that they were at least an hour or two behind schedule. Kaitlyn was really happy for a while, since she had slept the whole two hours we were running around getting up there. But then the wind starting REALLY picking up. And Kaitlyn attempted to gulp all of it down as it went by, making a stomach ache start in rather quickly. Poor thing. She wailed for a long time, and I finally went on a drive with her to get her out of the wind and down for a nap. She was so tired from screaming that she slept for 2.5 hours!
During that time, the weather went from T-Shirt to T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, and hoodie with the hood up. So this is what Kaitlyn looked like at that point:

That is three outfits on top of each other, with socks, a hood, a hat, and a blankie. We left the very cold crew after dinner. They texted me this morning to tell me that it snowed quite a bit this morning, so it looks like that was our whole girls camp experience this year!
I think I am tired.
1 comment:
Holy cow super mom!! Way to go for doing all that. I can't believe you made it there by 1:20! And what a little cutie all bundled up! We really need to get together some time. We should play games at your house. We'll bring pizza. :) Have your people call my people (aka: have Chris call Steven).
Post a Comment