
Ever since I had my little girl, people have been asking if I have made her any shoes yet. The funny thing is that I kinda stopped making the shoes for a while. I had a problem where the last 3-4 shoes I made were not only the most intricate, as my creativity and skills grew, but also were worn the least. People were excited to get them as gifts, but when I casually asked about them later, it turns out that they didn't fit and were never worn. That's not their fault, and I don't hold that against them. But you can see why I stopped sewing if I spent hours and hours making them and they only spent 5 minutes on a baby's foot.
Anyway, no more shoes as gifts, but I can make them for my own babies since I can measure them against the actual foot and make sure they fit. I started this pair weeks ago, and then lost one of the main pieces after I cut it out. Yesterday I finally gave up on finding the old one and cut a new piece, and today I finished it. Hooray!

Oh, and if you haven't heard about my obsession of making baby shoes out of recycled leather, please see the link in the sidebar.

1 comment:
OH, your new blog look is too cute!! Where did you get it from, did you make it??
Those shoes are adorable!! I love them!! You are so crafty!!
Post a Comment