Using a wood burning tool for the first time to make a sign for our cabin. Because apparently, crafts is what I do. This was once again born becuase I saw it online, but the lady I liked on etsy didn't take custom orders, so I figured, how hard can it be? (Katahimikan, in case you were wondering, is Tagalog for "peaceful". My husband speaks Tagalog from serving his LDS mission in the Phillipines for two years.)
Testing out the new wagon. Christopher bought this a year or two ago on a Black Friday trip where this was a good deal. It just now found a use up at the cabin. Tyler adores it.
Having fun with the fancy camera and the stream, taking pictures. This is one of my favorites so far.
Moving dirt in the horseshoe pit, er, I mean sand box. Very important job.
Painting an old abandoned patio set with old abandoned stain left in the shed. My favorite part of this project was that it was entirely free. Woot!
Shopping for furniture. We bought the cabin furnished, and thank heavens because even just finding the finishing pieces has taken forever. Tyler needed a bed, an the funniest part is that his bed at the cabin is much nicer than his one at home! But I couldn't resist the bedspread, and I wanted a trundle bed for when we have friends come over. We also needed a bedroom set, given that when we moved we slept on a mattress on the floor for the first month.
Not pictured: I spent all day Tuesday painting the bedroom we sleep in. Wood paneling is fine and all, but this paneling was a grey I didn't care for. Man, painting in the grooves of paneling is hard work!
4 comments:
Wow! I can't wait to see your cabin one of these days. I wish I could've seen it before any renovations. I LOVE before and after's!! Way to go! You are seriously amazing!
You can go ahead and teach those signs for Terrific Tuesday. :) good work! Let's do something fun up there sometime.
That is such a cool sign!! Want to make me one??? I love your cabin and your projects look like they are coming along great!!!
And I read your other post about girls camp! I can't believe we are old enough to take girls to girls camp. It seems like just yesterday you and I were at girls camp!!! It's so crazy how fast times goes!!!
I'm glad to see other people like my sign- you would be suprised how easy it was! I just traced my design on the wood, and used a wood burning tool to make the design. But Andrea, I would be happy to make you one if you know what you want on it! I second the motion about girl's camp, too. I feel like I am still one of the girls sometimes!
Post a Comment