Our family

Our family

Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of school


I can't believe I am making this post! After months of looking at preschools last spring, I never did find one that felt right for Tyler. He needs someone who understands kids with special needs to pay particular attention to him. But then he made it into the school district preschool this year! I am so happy. My friend around the corner says that it has done wonders for her child, and they are in the same class together this year. She had to stop by and drop something off today, and apparently Tyler was doing great, sitting there and paying attention to the lesson on the weather. She said there were about 9 kids and 5 aides to help the teacher. I don't know if that is just because it's the first day, or what, but wow! I didn't think I would be sad when the big yellow school bus came to take him away, because I have been so excited for him to have this help. But I have to admit I got a bit teary eyed watching him leave! And now he'll be gone four days a week, from noon to four. Good luck litle guy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's so hard to let them go to school!! I look back at pictures and think, "Oh my goodness they were so tiny!" But I am glad he is doing great at preschool. I have one in pre K that is HORRIBLE!! He just doesn't like to listen. Rotten little boy!! LOL!!