I have three brothers who live near Las Vegas, and I really should visit them more often. We went down this weekend, since Christopher was going to the CES conference for work, and we didn't get to spend nearly enough time with them. And the time I did spend, I didn't always remember to pull out my camera. In fact, I didn't turn it on until the last day.
So my first pictures are of my nephew's soccer game. I like taking pictures at sporting events - it is a fun challenge. I can't believe how grown up all my neices and nephews looked! I hadn't seen any of them in a year, and they had all really grown. I swear the last soccer game I went to was full of aimless wandering kids, not the serious game that I saw yesterday.
They even won their game! Nicholas did great. Kaitlyn and Tyler loved watching from the sidelines.
And Kaitlyn loved it when Aunt Kathy made up songs for her.
That afternoon, we went to see my nephew Ryan be baptised. It was wonderful to have so much family there! We got a group shot of everyone, but it is on someone else's camera, so we'll just have to use our imaginations.
And then last night, we went over to my brother Gary's house. Eating at their house is always fun, since they are vegan. And I'm not making fun of them - I love trying new things, including sweet potatoes in chili. Yum! I had seconds, and got the recipe so I could make it sometime. My kids loved coloring with Maya before dinner.
And Christopher loved laughing at the Wii game after dinner. My brother is so good at Mario Brothers that he looses patience with people who slow him down. When I paused to time my jump too long and blocked his path, he picked me up and threw me into a plant. I'm still laughing about it, despite the fact that it was my last life for that round.
This morning, Tyler discovered this little skateboard. I had no idea he would be able to do anything with it, but he spent a good hour this morning pushing himself around on this little thing. I've never even seen him try a scooter really! He sure was a happy camper.
And this was Kaitlyn's favorite pastime. She loves convincing her older cousins to flip her upside down, or tickle her, or throw her on the couch. When we were at the baptism, she spent the whole time just hopping from cousin to cousin to play. Good thing they all think she is cute!
And then it was time to head back! Hopefully Christopher will have another conference down there soon. Or maybe my brothers will find the time to come up here this summer. It is amazing how hectic life gets, but I love seeing them all!







No comments:
Post a Comment