Our family

Our family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wait . . . what?

Last night Tyler had some carrots for dinner - he loves them, thank heavens.  Afterwards, I noticed he was fidgeting with his mouth, and there was a little bit of blood on his fingers.  He has been doing this with his chapped lips all winter, so I got a wipe and some chap stick.  But it wasn't his lip - it was a loose tooth!  He refused to stop playing with it (if I told him to take his hands away, he was using his tongue to check this out), and the tooth came out about 10 minutes later.


I have to say, none of us saw that coming.  According to the internet, 6 is when kids typically lose the first one, but anything between 4 and 8 is totally normal.  I think part of it is that, while we know that Tyler is 5, he mostly talks like a much younger kiddo.  So we really didn't see this coming at all.  Chalk that one up to being young parents.  Good thing he is still as cute as ever!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, we have Kaitlyn, performing the Veggie Tales theme song. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That was awesome! She's a way cutie! Happy birthday on Thursday - let's go play - when can you go??? And congrats to your not so little man! Hope the tooth fairy came :)