Our family

Our family

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chopped!

Somehow, ever since we saw Olivia get her hair cut off on the Biggest Loser, I have been stuck on the idea of cutting off my hair.  Christopher talked about how much he loved the cut on her (and I agreed - what an awesome change!)  So this idea has been festering in my mind for a while now.

To give this some context, my hair has been past my shoulder for all of my life, minus high school.  So I have little to no experience maintaining a short haircut.  At that time, I wore a bob.  Like so.


Looking at my senior pictures made me laugh.  First of all, this was the first time in my life that I wore makeup.  And thank heavens for the braces and jaw surgery later, not to mention that I have since learned the value of plucking my eyebrows.

Anyway, my hair has always been long like this.   


So I tried to dismiss the urge to cut it off.  But I kept thinking - what if I didn't have to spend a half an hour drying it, or get a headache from the weight of a wet bun of hair on my head after a shower?  What if I actually looked forward to styling into something cute, instead of just sticking it in a ponytail every single day?  And so I finally did it.


Ta-da!

My brother-in-law finished hair school last year, and I think chopping off that much made him rather giddy.  But he did an awesome job!  Actually, as a random plug, if anyone in the area is looking for a stylist, I swear I'm not just recommending him because I'm related to him.  He is great at helping me figure out what would look good on me, and is quite perfectionist at his cuts.  I've never had a regular stylist before, but it has been great!  He is in the salon next to Cold Stone at University Mall, so ask for Christian if you want an appointment.  I'm going back next week for some highlights, but for now I am just loving how light my head feels!

3 comments:

Melissa's Recipe Blog said...

Holy cow! I love it!! So dang cute! That's funny, because for a second there, I was like, "did I miss something when I was with her for HOURS yesterday?" But ya, as dense as I've been lately, I don't think I could have missed that. You must have gotten that done in the last 24 hours...I hope? :)

Melissa's Recipe Blog said...

By the way, NO idea why I'm posting as "Melissa's Recipe Blog". Very weird!

Than and Erica said...

I love it and You'll love it too! It's the best haircut and that is why I've been sporting it for like the past 10 years in one form or another. :) And I loved olivia's hair cut, too! I totally wanted to do something like that but I haven't dared yet.