Our family

Our family

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi Day!

You know, the ironic thing about being a math nerd that likes Pi Day is that I don't really like pie.  Sure, I'll eat a slice for Thanksgiving, but there are more fun calories out there in my opinion.  I guess I just love the randomness about a holiday celebrating a number.  Sorta like "talk like a pirate day."  Who thinks these up?

In theory, this should have been the day that we went in to the hospital to have Jasmine.  I guess I was alone in that theory, because instead this is the day that my mom flew back home, and Jasmine will be two weeks old tomorrow.  I'm really going to miss my mom!  Not only does having her here for advice save me a lot of phone calls, but it has been really nice to have her run and pick up Kaitlyn from Miss Melva's while I stay home with the sleeping newborn, or have the dishes magically get done while I feed the baby.  No more magic now - I'm on my own!  (We'll see how this goes.)  So far, Jasmine seems like a pretty easy going girl, thank goodness. 

In fact, yesterday I took some newborn pictures, and I was amazed at how well she stayed asleep for me!  This was obviously my first attempt at a baby photo shoot, but thankfully I learned a lot of tricks from the internet.  I'm no pro, but I think I got a couple of good shots.  And had a lot of fun!




The only dissapointing thing is that I really wanted some pictures of the big siblings with her, and maybe some Mommy/baby shots or Daddy/daughter shots.  But Kaitlyn refused to cooperate, I was doing this while the boys were at school and work, and once again if I am in the shot no one is there to take the picture.  Oh well.  I'm just glad that I have learned enough about photography to take these pictures!  And I even got to use the quilt I made for her.  What a little angel.

By the way, we have gotten a few comments about her name.  It is one that people either love or hate - just like the idea of having her on Leap Day.  I just want to go on record that, contrary to what some people have joked about, we did not let Kaitlyn name her after a Disney Princess.  This was Daddy's top pick, which I liked despite being a Disney Princess.  We went to the hospital armed with a list because I was nervous (and just in case she came out with Grandpa Jones' black hair.  I draw the line at naming her the same as a Princess she resembles.)  But I think I have known for a while that her name is meant to be Jasmine.  Hopefully she likes it too as she grows up. 

No comments: