Yup. That would be 5 grown-ups in matching company shirts and homemade MC Hammer pants. They all went to the MC Hammer / Vanilla Ice concert last weekend, and had an absolute blast. Christopher said that as they were going, there was a part of him that (logically) thought "why on earth are we doing this?", but apparently once they got there they loved every second. They got there way early though- they had the start time off by an hour- so they ended up standing right in front of the stage. "How close?" you ask.
This close. Front row. They had to cling on the barrier for dear life, with everyone behind them trying to shove their way forward. But that hard work payed off at the end when they picked people from the front row to go up on stage, and my husband was one of them. This is how close he got to Vanilla Ice.
It was funny how pumped he was when he got home, telling me all about how they danced like maniacs up there. And their outfits were funny, but at least they weren't dressed like this purple guy!
And then on Saturday , we dropped the kids off at Grandma's and went on the annual DigiCert snowmobiling trip. When I went the first time, I was really nervous becauese I normally don't like things that go fast and scary, but it turns out I LOVE SNOWMOBILING! The scenery is beautiful, they are really easy to use, and I get a certain amount of daredevil indestructible feel to it all that lets me do all the crazy stuff everyone else is doing. SO much fun! I couldn't go last year, since I had just had Kaitlyn, and the year before that was the first trip. I think we had 6 snowmobiles that time, so under 10 people total. To give you an idea of how much the company has grown, this was our group this time.

And I honestly like all of his co-workers a lot, which is amazing I think. I was thinking about that when we sat down at dinner that night- there wasn't anyone in the room that I wouldn't want to sit down next to and strike up a conversation with. How awesome is that? Not many people can say that about the company they work for.


3 comments:
Do you think we could see some of those MC Hammer moves at the ward dance? Maybe even the pants!
Wow, there's just so much to say about this post!! Where to begin...first of all, the MC Hammer pants and concert...all I can say is...wow! The snowmobiling...how fun...so jealous! But the laundry room! Holy cow! I am definitely a before/after shot nut! I LOVE them, and I LOVE what you guys did to your laundry room! It looks awesome! Well done!
OH MY GOODNESS!! Girl, I am soooo jealous, you have no idea how obsessed with Vanilla and MC Hammer I am!! I would have LOVED to have gone!! OH, I would have so been up on that stage!! what a fun time!!
Your laundry room looks great, I bet you are so happy!!!
Post a Comment