
See, a while ago my Beehives were all brainstorming activities they would like to do, and a list someone had from the internet mentioned "paint a room." They all got excited, but didn't know what to paint, and I said "Tyler's room needs to be painted." Suddenly this was the best idea ever. I have always said that what I love about my Beehives is how they throw themselves into any activity we do and have a blast- and this, to me, shows that off nicely. Because basically this was slave labor. Here, everyone, why don't you come do my house projects for me? Granted, they had more exuberance than know-how, so we had a lesson first and they still were a bit more sloppy than Christopher or I would have been. But they did a fairly good job putting up the first coat of white paint. It took us the rest of the week, but finally it is all done!

Tyler loves the stickers. He keeps going around the room, pointing to each one, labeling them "digger, dump truck, digger, dump truck." So cute. Here's my problem though: the stickers are coming off already! The instant I put them on the walls, they started to peel back. AARG! I might have to resort to wallpaper paste to keep them on, which would be just too ironic for words. But he loves them so much . . .


In other news, Kaitlyn cut her tongue the other day when my friend was watching her. So the rest of the day was her personal heaven- because she got to have a couple of Otter Pops to "put ice on the swelling", as it were. Kaitlyn loves eating ice, and is way too addicted to sugar for her own good. Jackpot.

And finally, I am including this picture of Kaitlyn after church the other week, because I love dressing her up for church. :) Oh, and she is sitting on a stool becuase otherwise she won't sit still for pictures. Whenever I try and take picture of my kids, I set them up in a spot, and then as soon as I back up to take the shot they run straight for me so they can check out the camera.

3 comments:
I love to take Sunday dressed up girly pictures too!! Girls are so much fun. And my kids run at the camera too. LOL!! Do you think we take too many pictures?
Tyler's room looks awesome!! Those stickers are cute. My sister used some contact paper over a "sticker" that she put on her wall. But her's was up higher and you couldn't tell it had contact paper on it. Just an idea, it's cheap and not forever glued to the wall???
Tyler's room turned out so adorably! Your kids are too cute. :)
I loved the room! What a great idea! Love your blog by the way. You are a cute mom!
Post a Comment