Our family

Our family

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day



What a great weekend! Saturday we had some family pictures taken. I found this couple on craigslist who was offering to do pictures for free to build their portfolio, and so we went to the Timp. Temple and had a great shoot. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I am excited! That was a fun Mother's Day thing to do, I decided. And then we went over to Christopher's grandmother's house for a family get together. Tyler has been on a trampoline a few times, but never been very impressed. But that night, he just went crazy! He loved running around and around on it, and if he didn't fall down enough times (which he thought was really funny for some reason), then he would just collapse as he ran. Such a fun guy.

On the way home, we had to stop for an errand, and Kaitlyn let it be known that she was very hungry. So I told Christopher to just find a store to wander around in, and of all his choices he wanted to take Tyler in to Toys R Us. So cute! The funny part is what they found. While we were in Maui last October, his grandmother bought him a little firetruck. He LOVED that truck! It went in diaper bag with us, because no matter what he was upset about, hearing that truck go off made him perfectly happy again. And then we noticed we hadn't seen it in a while. And we still haven't. But there, in Toys R Us, was that same little truck. Christopher laughed all night at Tyler's face when he pressed that button - he went from distracted to a look of "WHERE IS IT? I HEARD IT SOMEWHERE!" frantically looking around for his beloved truck. We now have a very happy boy. Christopher was rather proud of himself too, which was cute.


And Mother's Day itself was a good day here as well. We went over to Christopher's mom's house, and gave her the tricycle that all of his siblings had joined together to get. That was so much fun! She has been obsessed with getting this bike lately, and had no idea that we were getting it for her. The perfect gift. And speaking of perfect gifts, Christopher had Tyler walk in with the roses for me, which were almost the same size as him! I love my boys! And even though Kaitlyn is too little for her dress, I had her wear this dress because it made me so giddy to see her in it.


I love being a mom! More and more, I know what people mean when they say that their greatest joy comes from their family.

No comments: