Our family

Our family

Thursday, May 15, 2008

New tricks

New dog, new tricks:
Kaitlyn's new talents this week have been fun. First of all, she has started rocking back and forth, so I know rolling is coming soon. But in the meantime she has discovered spinning around counter-clockwise on her back. It has been fun to see her progress as she makes the circles on the ground now. And more importantly, she found her toes! My, what interesting things those are. She likes grabbing them a lot now.


Old habits:

I finally broke down and started back at the gym. I kept procrastinating, worrying about how Kaitlyn would do, but I went twice this week and she did just fine. Tyler, of course, adores that place. As soon as we come in the door he takes off, and yesterday he cried when we left. I just hope I have enough time still to get in shape before Cancun in late June. I lost all my pregnancy weight, and now it is just down to turning the sagging flab into toned muscle.


Old dog, new home:

My poor Grandfather. He has lived in the same tiny house since 1945, and absolutly refused to budge. My Grandmother all but begged to move into a bigger place, and his children have spent years trying to convince him that he would be less lonely in a retirement home. But this week, he finally had no choice. Since he is no longer able to live on his own safely, he is moving from the care center where he has stayed for the last month or so into an apartment in Highland Cove, where people will look in on him. We keep telling how great it will be to have people cook for him, and activities to go to, and everything else they offer, but no matter what we say, it isn't his home. We are praying for him.


And in other news, it looks like my brother Gary is coming to visit for July 4th! Hooray! We are excited.

No comments: