Our family

Our family

Monday, October 20, 2008

Macro lens

Well, I finished my projects! I will post pictures of Tyler's shirt and dump truck later, once I have had time to take good pictures. For now I wanted to show off my "play time" today with my new camera. A co-worker of Christopher's loaned us two of his lenses to try out, along with some books. I was especially intested in the macro lens, since it was one of the few terms I knew. Close up shots! I tried it out, and WOAH. Next time I do this with my kids, they are having a really good bath first, because it shows every single speck of dirt and detail. But it is SO COOL!

Better not get too attached though, because it was a Macro 100mm lens like this one. $500. Ouch.

Anyway, here are some shots I took this morning in my front yard. At first I only though of doing plants, which is funny considering I only have like 3 flowers in my entire yard. So here is a pumpkin stem. I didn't even notice the fleck in the spider web behind it until afterward.



And a yellow rose by our fence suddenly looked really awesome!



So then I started to turn it on the kids. I started with Kaitlyn.


I took some of Tyler, but his hair was out of whack, he had a milk mustauche, and let's face it, baby cheeks are cuter.


And then I remembered how much I love baby toes and fingers.



Such a cool toy! I am going to be sad to give this loaner back, that is for sure. Wow!

No comments: