This last weekend we took a quick trip down to visit my brothers in Henderson, NV. When I saw them all in August they mentioned that we should come down in the fall instead of the summer, like we usually do, since that is when the weather is great down there. And then my dad was there for a conference and a class and had a weekend off between the two. Still, Christopher wasn't thrilled about the idea of driving the kids down for 6 hours until he found the bike.

He has been eyeing this bike for a while now. He almost bought a brand new one, but they are between models and he was going to wait until the next model was in stock. And then he saw this one on ebay for half the price of a new one, and not even 2 years old. But where was it located? Henderson, Nevada. Suddenly my trip to Vegas was a brilliant plan!

We always eat at the same Timberline Restaurant in Beaver on every trip. It is the only place I know of in Utah that sells a true Monte Cristo sandwich, and I love it so much! My boys are so handsome.
We stayed at my 2nd brother's house, who has 5 kids and luckily still has a guest room. Most of the weekend was spent just hanging out and going to soccer games for all of the cousins, though we did get everyone together for a big dinner on Sunday night.

Tyler liked their bunny, CJ. I think he also liked staying with so many cousins, because he is used to a very quiet house at home. Megan is the youngest out of the 5 by almost four years, so she was quite excited to have little cousin friends her age to play with. She is about 5 months older than Kaitlyn.

Tyler spent most of the weekend in their dirt spot in the backyard, digging around with his trucks. Sometimes I wonder if we are pushing the trucks thing too much- he now has trucks on plates, bibs, toys, books, stickers, and even a step-stool. But the kid is seriously drawn to them!

He laughed hysterically every time that thing dumped out! Too cute.
The stinky part about picking up a motorcycle down there was that we had to drive home separately. And since Christopher had to be at work on Monday, he left only 36 hours after he came. I was a bit worried about how the kids would do the next day when I drove them home by myself, but all things considered it went ok. Kaitlyn screamed lots, but what can you do?
Ooh, and before I leave I just have to brag. Kohl's sent out $10 gift cards in honor of their Grand Opening of a new store in the area- minimum purchase was $10. So I went tonight and got a shirt for me and a sleeper for Kaitlyn for $1.06. And then I went and used some frequent pizza cards to get a free large pizza from Pier 49. That meant that I got all three items tonight for $1.06 total! Happy dance!
3 comments:
Wow, what kind of camera do you have? That soccer picture is amazing! Sounds like you guys had fun. Geez, you travel a lot!
Ahh, the soccer picture was actually not from my camera. We traded pictures with my dad and my brother before we left, and that one was from my dad's camera. Mine could never do that!
What a drive, but what a bike! My husband would love a street bike. He has a dirt bike and wants to sell it. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment