Our family

Our family

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad pictures of funny things

** Kaitlyn has figured out her little push-kart. I don't know what you call them exactly, so you will have to check out the video. The first couple of times, she let it run away from her and never moved her feet. But we just waited a couple of days, and then this video was taken within the first 5 tries. I think Daddy has been right all along, this girl just might be walking by Thanksgiving!



**Also, Kaitlyn loves to clap. She is very proud of this new talent, and I need to get a video of this one too. I have been working on showing her some sign language, and each time she studies my movements very carefully, with furrowed eyebrows. And then her face will light up, and she will start clapping. Like "huh, what is she doing . . . that's weird . . . OH I know! I can do THIS with my hands! Yeah for me!" Just adorable. (Okay, I'm slightly biased.)


**Today, Tyler's playgroup at Kids On the Move wore their costumes and "Trick or Treated" for their snack. We have been trying to practice, so he knows what to do, but I don't think he has gotten the idea yet. Once chocolate is involved it might clear things up a bit. Sorry I don't have pictures of that! But I do have pictures of this:




Tyler got these glasses from his neighborhood playgroup on Wednesday. It cracked me up everytime I put them on Kaitlyn especially, but she had absolutly no intention of letting those things remain on her head. You can't see them in the picture, but I have one hand trying to hold down both of hers with all my might while aiming and taking a picture though the viewfinder. Hence, the bad picture.


**While I am on the subject of bad pictures I still find hilarious, I was taking pictures of my kids the other day. Some of them were rather cute, actually. I was in a tilted mood, as you can see.





And then Kaitlyn came up and grabbed my camera strap. You try taking an infocus picture of a toddler yanking your strap!



I will always wish I had gotten the chance to crank up the shutter speed on that last one, because that awful, out of focus blur makes me laugh every time. This is the "HA! You can't have it back now, Mom!" look if I ever saw it. She is our little investigator in the house, that's for sure. She was absolutly sobbing when we were carving pumpkins on the kitchen counter the other night and she couldn't see what was going on. That girl cracks us up!

No comments: