Today we each got a new toy. Well, at least, they both arrived today. When Christopher drove the bike back from Vegas, the radiator sprung a leak. That sounds like really bad luck, but it was actually exceptionally good luck that he drove it so many miles that week. If it hadn't happened right then during the long trip, it would have happened a month or two down the road. As it was, he got it in to the dealer 3 days before the warranty expired. Free fix! So he just got the bike back today, with a brand new radiator, and is a very happy man.

And I finally took the plunge and got my camera. There is a long story to how I got it, involving a local camera store ripping me off on a floor model that my wonderfully protective pit bull of a husband took back for me, but the one we ordered online shortly afterward arrived today. I still have a lot to learn about how to use all the features, but I am looking forward to it! We ended up getting the Canon EOS Rebel XSi, for those who are curious. There was a big rebate on the 75-200mm lens, so we got that in addition to the kit lens. It will take me a while to learn how to use that much, so that ought to do it for now! Oh, minus the camera bag I need to get now.


The bike shot above was the first thing we took pictures of. They don't look too different from my point and shoot, but the one of Tyler on the bike looks better than usual and Kaitlyn's portrait was awesome. Next time I should put a clean shirt on her when we shoot that kind of detail!


I know, the windsheild is in focus instead of Tyler. I kinda like it that way.

2 comments:
That camera will be a much better purchase for you instead of that motorcycle! I LOVE my digital rebel. Have fun taking pictures!
Oh I want an SLR so bad!! You will have to tell me how you like it. My sister has the Nikon and I think I want the Cannon!! Now all ya need is Photoshop!! I am a photoshop junkie! LOL!! Great pictures!!
Post a Comment