Our family

Our family

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not much

I haven't blogged in a while, but I don't have much to report anyway. Let's see . . .

My birthday was last week. The day itself was a typical day, but I did get one big treat. When the house was quiet (Kaitlyn napping, Tyler at school) and I went to start on my usual chores while I can, I realised how tired I was. And then I remembered it was my birthday. So I took a nap and accomplished nothing. Take that.

I did get a date out of it though, and that was great. We went to Texas Steakhouse, which was great despite the over-crowdedness. (We called ahead to get on the list, and still had to wait when we got there. 2 hours? Seriously?) And then we saw Avatar at the Imax in South Jordan. The visuals are stunning, but it kinda suprises me how little they put into the plot, for the money they sunk into the visual effects. Still worth seeing though. Mostly, I loved just having a night to hang out with my hubby. He's a pretty awesome guy.

Today, Tyler got sick. Can you just feel the misery?

He had a bit of a runny nose yesterday, but today is a "sitting on the couch watching cartoons" day. Poor guy. When I turned off the TV for lunch, he wandered off and tried to play, but kept laying down on the floor for a few minutes before getting up and trying again. Here's hoping we can miraculously prevent Kaitlyn from getting it.

I have my Photography class again tonight! That was a birthday present to myself, I suppose. I'm taking a DSLR class through UVU Community Ed. The first class was good- in a lot of ways I should have taken the intermediate instead of the beginner, but all of my "beginner" knowledge was pieced together from random internet sources, so it is actually great to pull it all together into solid advice from a real human.

No comments: