Tyler is a funny guy. Lately I have been really struggling with . . . hopelessness about him. I just don't see progress like I want to. One of our biggest struggles is getting him to actively care about the world around him enough to communicate and change it. That's a simple thing for most kids- they want juice, so they ask for juice. But Tyler just waits and hopes for things silently.
The other night I made a dessert for FHE night. Kaitlyn loved it, but Tyler wouldn't touch it. Just skuttled back from it as though it was going to eat him instead. The next day for lunch, he was eating rather well so I thought I would put a small slice on his plate for him. But then he said "NO! I don't want it!" and pushed it away. For Tyler that was awesome! I don't know why he is so upset over a dessert, but I guess whatever motivates him is good with me.
But my favorite Tyler moment is one his teacher told me about today. I guess yesterday when he came into the classroom he went to the center of the room and looked around as though he had never seen the place before. And then he spread his arms out and said "this is WONDERFUL!" The aides all said it made their day.
On the down side, he has somehow learned the chorus to Bad Romance from Lady GaGa. Daddy is encouraging this, which worries me. "Ro - ma , ro - ma - LA! Ro - ma, Ro - ma -LA! I got a RO - MA!"
No comments:
Post a Comment