I tell ya, Kaitlyn is a funny little spunk. She always knows how to make us laugh- from the "um . . . no." little comments to the way she gallops around the room. And she is way too smart for her own good. I've mentioned before that I am terrified of potty training, but this girl is going to drag me through it. She is fascinated with it all. Loves to sit on the potty, and has recently taken to taking off her diaper if she goes in it. She started Pull-Ups this morning, and my intention is to take her to the potty a few dozen times every day so she gets the idea, and then go for it. Because for all the interest, she still mostly just sits down, grunts, and tells me "stuck."
But this weekend we had a couple of funny moments with her. Last Saturday we had some friends over playing Wii in the basement. There is a separate bedroom we use as a playroom down there, and the kids generally wander back and forth between watching us play, the random toys in their room there, and occasionally take a trip upstairs for something and bring it down.
Well, a while into the game I noticed that we hadn't seen Kaitlyn in a while. We played another level, and she still didn't show up, so I started to worry. When I got upstairs, I got really scared- the house was quiet. UH oh. So I ran upstairs a bit quicker- and found her asleep in her bed. I guess when I tried to put her down for her nap at 3:30, she didn't want to go. But at 5:30 she decided it was time- and went upstairs, climbed in bed, and went to sleep- blanket and all.
Then, tonight, I once again noticed that she was gone for a while. Oh dear. So I check the playroom- and find a poopy pull-up, sitting (face up, thank heavens) on the carpet. I race upstairs, and find that she had already gotten herself a new pull-up and put it on (wiping apparently not nessesary) and was in bed in her dark room. I will be looking for stray poop residue for days.
So, if you're counting, one night she put herself to bed, and another night she changed her own diaper.
I preferred the first one.

That's why we call her stinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment