Our family

Our family

Saturday, July 11, 2015

I'm trying!

I always wondered how long I could manage to keep up a blog.  Almost everyone else I knew that used to have one has quit at this point.  But I really do love this version of a family scrapbook or journal.  I am, without a doubt, the person that reads this blog the most, because I am constantly looking back at the old posts.

Lately I got so behind that I just didn't even want to try, however.  I even made a list of everything I needed to put on here, and then Jasmine found scissors and tested her skills out on that paper, and I just gave up.

And recently, I realized that I stopped actually taking pictures of everything we do.  I wasn't excited to go home and write about them on the blog, and I just stopped bringing my camera.  That is totally unacceptable in this house.

So here goes!

April.

Easter.



Even if we never eat all of the eggs, dyeing them is too much fun.


I think my favorite part of the holiday is the egg hunt with all of the cousins.  The chocolate was pretty melty this year, but there is always way more candy than all the baskets can handle.



Kaitlyn was VERY concerned about going up to the cabin for Easter weekend, because she wasn't sure that the Easter Bunny could find us up there.  I found that a little odd, since the Easter bunny didn't even come to our house very often (he seemed to know how much candy and egg hunts we had some years and let it go), but rest assured, the Easter Bunny found us.

The cabin needed a lot of work this spring.  We aren't even done, exactly, but we got the lawn clear as fast as we could.  Those trees were so big, and I've really missed them.


At least we don't have to buy wood for a long, long time.

We did take some breaks from the tree hauling process, at least.



 Peek a boo!


Daddy nearly got us lost on that hike, as I recall, but I don't think the kids ever noticed.


We even found some friends to come up during Spring Break!  One of the best parts about Tyler's school, for me, was actually meeting other moms.  In Public School, the bus whisked him away to a void, since I wasn't actually allowed to be in the classroom (for confidentiality reasons).  Connecting with other moms and having friends that Tyler can play with is so wonderful to me!



Oh, and I even finally found a solution for our old table up there.  I have been wishing that I could replace it, since it isn't our style and is a bit broken, but I'll settle for at least fixing the top.  I always tried to have a tablecloth on it to cover the ripped up stain.  I have decided that gel stain is the best product in the world.  Five minutes and an old sock later, it looks new.  Almost.


The oddest part about this spring was how early we were able to drive our car up there.  Usually, the snow doesn't all melt until late April or even May.  But I think we drove up in early March.  We just didn't get much snow this year.  It wasn't good for the "snow pack" that gives us water the rest of the year, but it was nice to have a mild winter.

No comments: