Our family

Our family

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 4th

Sadly, this post doesn't have the usual number of pictures.  In fact, this is part of why I have been so eager to catch up on the blog this weekend.  When we got to the cabin for the party this year, I realized that I forgot my camera.  Again.  I keep forgetting it lately.  And I think part of it has been that I haven't been sure they would ever get on the blog anyway.  I used to take pictures with the intention of showing the story on here for my kids to read later, but I just got too behind.

Not anymore!  This is my last catch-up post, and then I can start again in real time!

In the meantime, I can post the pictures from my phone, and some that my sister-in-law sent to me.


This year I didn't have a big project for the craft table.  There were sugar cookies to decorate, and I hear that the toddler really enjoyed the sprinkles over there, but I have found that just setting out all of the supplies from previous projects lets the kids create all sorts of fun things.  The hot trend this year was turning stickers into earrings, probably started by my daughter who is anxiously awaiting her next birthday so that she can have her ears pierced.


Apparently the answer to "how many kids can fit on the swing?" is four.


I am so glad that Christopher found a way to get the shade up.  It used to hang from one of the trees that fell down, so it took some work.  It shades the gravel, food area now instead of the grass, which is great for eating lunch outside and not as good for the dry grass.


It was a great party, though!

No comments: