Kaitlyn truly had a wonderful teacher this year. She even sent home pictures that she took of her class all year, and it was really nice to get that peek into the "other half" of my daughter's world.
She adored the field trips, of course.
They even got to see a play that our neighbor and favorite babysitter performed in- I can see the skirt that I hemmed in this picture as well as my goofy daughter!
And a true highlight was performing in the class play. She still has every single word of that play memorized, and will start reciting at the least mention of it.
Beyond that, she had a wonderful year learning lots of amazing things. She was the top reader in the class, and did very well in the rest of her subjects, too. She has gone through withdrawals this summer, because her favorite part was spending time with friends. We rarely make it a day without a plea for me to call a friend to come and play with her.
I'm going to miss Miss Hull next year! Hopefully we also have a good teacher for 2nd grade. Either way, this little lady just seems to soak up everything around her quicker than I can blink.
She also had a lot of fun at gymnastics again this year.
Her favorite part is getting a medal each year. Those are truly treasured in this house.
I nearly didn't make it to this show- I was really, really sick still that day. But I couldn't miss the big event! I remember I ended up just laying down on the mats while the other kids were performing. I'm glad I didn't miss that toothless little grin, though.




No comments:
Post a Comment