I love when my mom comes to visit me! She keeps pretty busy, so I'm glad that she carves out some time to come out here. And we keep busy while she is here, too. There was a list on the fridge of all the plans, and we crammed every single day and still didn't make it.
We always do a lot of shopping, it seems. We did an outlet mall, and a craft boutique. We found these new curlers there, actually. Kaitlyn's curly hair is growing in only half curly, so we are trying new things.
She always helps me get my garden planted, too. This year, my dad sent her a hanging plant for her birthday/ Mother's Day, which was actually a present for me, too. I'm terrible at keeping plants alive, but I have been trying my best to keep this beauty going!
My kids aren't too focused on whose birthday it is. They just love having something to celebrate! With cake, of course.
The most picture-worthy thing we did was go to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. I've been meaning to take her there for years, because I knew she would love it. It really is the most massive, well groomed place! And I never come home without dozens of flower pictures on my camera.
Jasmine loved it, too.
My mom said that, when she was growing up, her family would always take her picture by the lilac bush on her birthday because it was in full bloom and made a beautiful backdrop. Since it was actually her birthday the day that we went there, we continued the tradition!
We had such a wonderful week!












No comments:
Post a Comment